Friday, December 10, 2010

new song, Silence of my Heart (Gate', gate')

Hello everyone, I wanted to share a new song with you, Silence of my Heart (Gate', gate').  This song is tangentially inspired by the Buddha's Heart Sutra.  Here are the lyrics and a link to listen to the song as well as purchase the mp3 for .99 cents if you are inspired by it.

Love, Richard






I'm gonna listen, listen, in-between my worrying
Listen, listen, to the silence of my heart
I'm gonna listen, la la la listen, in-between all of my thinking
Listen, listen

Spending all these hours in my mental towers
A prisoner to my own mind
I was burdened my yesterdays, and everything was such a haze
And to the present moment I was blind

Gotta take a break before I speak
Gotta take a break before I react
Gotta listen to my heart

I'm gonna listen, listen, in-between my paths of seeking
Listen, listen, to the silence of my heart
I'm gonna listen, la la la listen, to the space in-between the words we're speaking
The words we're speaking

Gotta take a break before I speak, before I react
I'm gonna listen to my heart
Gotta take a break before I leap, before I attack
I'm gonna listen to my heart
Gotta take a break before I break down, yeah before I crack
I'm gonna listen to my heart 

Gaté,
gaté,
paragaté,
parasamgaté.
Bodhi!
Svaha!

I'm gonna listen, listen, to the quiet stillness of the inner-ocean
I'm gonna listen, la la listen
I'm gonna listen, listen, letting love guide my heart in devotion
Listen, listen

Richard Norman Schooping, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for sharing with me. I will read your comment as soon as I am able. I am honored you have stopped by.